Project Completed: 25 Jun 2021
Customer: Network Rail
The PLC system has been developed to comply with the Network Rail operations diagram that detailed four suites. The specific requirements are given in N244 Procurement Specification 22. Ludgate Cellars Contactor Control system Functional Requirements version 2.0 The key requirements are
- That each suite has a PLC.
- That if as a result of a PLC failure it shall be possible to changeover to off line and standby suite shall continue normal operation.
- The control of each track Northbound and Southbound shall be fully independent.
- The system be 100% redundancy referred to as bomb proof or as near as possible.
- Each suite shall have a local display and shall be capable of indicating the status of the contactor suite in the other half of the substation.
- Steel enclosure painted RAL 7035 grey
- Environmental rating IP54
- Cable entry arranged through the top
- Master / hot stand-by PLC
- 19" colour touch screen
- Digital input and output modules
- SCADA interface
- SCADA controlled latching relay
- 48V to 24V DC - DC power supply